Just the other day Atherz from Teenage Introvert nominated me for the Liebster Award! This has consequentially make me think about how bad I am with awards. Now don’t get me wrong I am truly grateful for receiving them. I am just atrocious (yes I had to look up how to spell that) at responding to them. Expressing things does not compute for me. I’m sure TI can understand that.
I’m probably rambling and most have no idea what I’m talking about. What I’m referencing is that I have received another Liebster (why does it want to auto-correct that word to Lobster?) award a few months ago and was never able to find people to pass it on too. So in my mind, I have failed :(
But NO MORE! I will be successful this time! So without further ado, here are the rules for the award:
- Post the award on your blog (Check)
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (I think so . . . just checked, did it)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself. (Well after I write this)
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (I will do that this time!)
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions. (Should be fun)
Because this will be my second time, I’ll include some facts from the previous one as BO-BO-BONUS FACTS!
– RANDOM (BUT TOTALLY AWESOME) FACTS –
- I love to build things. Computers, cars, small projects, anything that requires moving my hands to get the task done and I preferably like to learn something new while I’m doing it.
- I will commonly be typing or write and spell words backwards. Mostly small 3-letter words but sometimes longer ones. I have no idea why.
- I am a big fan of Oakley Sunglasses and have only purchased from them. However I have bought a few cheap pairs when I go to the beach so that I don’t have to worry. (I own a pair of polarized Crosshairs and a pair of limited edition Moto X Deviations)
- I consider myself part audiophile because I love to get the best quality that I can out of my music. But I don’t go overboard compared to some.
- My favorite color is green because of everything that I think it represents. Life, is all it’s forms, usually has a shade of green in it that forms. In humans: green eyes. In plants: kind of obvious, leaves. Many others as well. Green to me just looks right. (also I have no bias from my name ;)
- If it wasn’t apparent earlier, I love music. Music is a great form of expression and while I can not make music myself (that is enjoyable to others) I have huge respect to the people that can use music to connect with others and if they can become popular then even more so.
- I’m an adventurous person and will usually take on any challenge that I think I can do, going off of that, I low my limits pretty well so I know if I attempt something whether or not I can do it.
- I love to gamble. It’s not a problem or anything but if someone suggests starting a game then I won’t decline. Texas Hold’em is my favorite but I’ll play most card games. Adding a betting component always makes it more interesting. 13 for example while betting small amounts can be fun for a long time.
- I love to try new things, because what’s the use in always sticking with the same things. I’m only going to be young enough to get around for so long so might as well get everything that I can think of done before then :)
- I think on of the best purchases that I made within the last year was buying my GoPro. I am able to sue it in so many unique locations and bring it places I am not able to do with my DSLR all while retaining amazing quality. I love it!
- I am a firm believer that once you start using two monitors instead of one then there is no going back. I am actually looking to get a third monitor so I can have a tri-monitor setup! I can’t wait. (Also you start to look down upon the single monitor peasants ;)
Now for 3 BONUS FACTS!
- I am an Apple fan but am not clueless about technology, like a lot of Mac users, and have in fact built the computer that I am typing this on right now along with three others. In fact, they have all been “Hackintoshes” meaning that they run OSX with PC stuff in them. All totally legal and paid for (as far as I know but just keep it between you and me ;)
- My eyes are green and I have absolutely no desire to hide that. Except I am usually wearing sunglasses so you’ll only know if you see me inside.
- Halo is my favorite video game series. None have come close to beating it. I am supremely excited for the Maser Chief Collectors edition and Halo 5 when it comes out. I also own every Halo game made, most of them are the collectors editions or the limited editions.
– QUESTIONS! –
First I would like to congratulate Atherz on his questions, they are pretty good and I am looking forward to answering them. So here we go!
Name your earliest memory.
I think my earliest memory is of walking into my kitchen as a child and seeing my mom pregnant with my younger brother. I would have been about 2 at the time and I can remember that moment very vividly. The perspective is weird because I remember looking way up to see her and now I have to look way down :)
Let’s spice things up. What is your favorite meal from a restaurant?
Hmmm well let’s see. If it were fast food then I would have to say In-N-Out. For the last 7 years I have gotten the same thing every time I go there. 3×3, fries, and a medium pink lemonade. It has never gotten boring and it always tastes amazing! However, if I were to say restaurant and not fast food then I will say that I am on a mission to find the best burger place in the world. So if I find one that looks good on the menu then I will order that and compare it to others I have tasted.
Which sense do you like the most? Why?
This is a good one. I like this because it forces you to think about all of your senses closely.
It’s a hot debate between sight and smell. In the end I would have to go with sight however because not being able to continue to take pictures and see the world change would hurt me immeasurably. Also, sight gives you another sense, that is of the passage of time. It gives you a clear way to distinguish how quickly or slowly time is passing. Something which I always need to know.
However, small is very important to me as well. Everything has its own unique smell and it is a key way to identify things. I love smelling things I would miss terribly not being able to smell.
In the end it would have to go to sight though.
What was your ideal vision for your blog?
Well my ideal vision, the vision that still is, is for my blog to be a community for like-minded people to share their thoughts on the topics I post and I would even post their topics as well. I love being able to connect with people who have similar interest to me as there are few like that in my local community.
How well do you deal with your emotions?
I think I deal with emotions very well. I don’t get too mad or too sad. However, that always ends up giving me a neutral disposition which can be annoying sometimes when outwardly you look “down” and your friends ask “what’s wrong, are you okay” when all you’ve been doing is thinking about random things with no direction. But hey, what ya gunna do right?
Would you rather… kill your best friend, or have your best friend kill you?
This is another great question. It’s a good way to get into a persons psych and se what their like.
Now I’m very honest with myself, I know why I’m like and how I would react. In all honesty, I would have to kill my best friend. Now it would still be extremely hard and I would never attempt to do it in normal circumstances but if pushed to it and there was absolutely no way around it then my survival instincts would kick in and I would be the one living another day.
What was your most vivid dream/nightmare?
My most vivid nightmare is when I was very young and I had watched the episode of Power-Puff Girls (ya I know, but I can only remember this episode now) where there are tiny machines in the rain.
In the nightmare my mom turned into one of those machines and I was hiding in my parents room with my brother and my dad. My dad left to go try to make thing right (whatever that may be) and then the dream ended.
As a BONUS my other vivid nightmare involved (also when I was young) sitting at the dinner table. I picked up my fork and looking at it, then jabbed it into my eye. To this day I have no idea why I had that dream or what it means but I never want to have sharp objects near my eyes now, it freaks me out.
Do you like where you live?
I love where I live, in the big CA near the beach so I can’t complain about anything. However if I had the choice I would move somewhere that has colder and rainier weather as that is my favorite type of weather. I’m a cold climate person.
What was your first experience on a social network / forum like?
Oh wow, well I guess the first social type of interaction that I had wasn’t on a forum but in a game. I used to play Runescape for many hours at a time and would talk with people in the game. Then I think I got a Facebook and after that deleted it. I’ve never been too much of a forum poster though I do like the idea.
What’s your main past-time hobby?
I’m not sure how to go about answering this. I would say that my main hobby is photograph and digital arts but as for the past-time, not sure. I do a lot of rock climbing as well, that’s one of my hobbies as well I guess you could say.
How do you feel about this nomination?
I feel that it is a redemption chance for me and a great way to share more about myself to my readers. I’m not someone who is used to sharing my thoughts so having an opportunity like this is something I need :)
– MY NOMINATIONS! –
Okay this time I have people to nominate! If I nominate you then it is because I like the work that you do and I feel that you deserve to be recognized for what you do.
Thank you to all the nominees for your content, I enjoy reading it very much. So to all the nominee’s you do not have to participate but it encouraged that you do. I sure would like to see your responses for one and I’m sure your readers would enjoy them as well :)
– QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED –
Alright, my questions let’s see, what do I want to know.
- What is your favorite type of food and why?
- If you could go to the moon and spend 15 minutes on the surface and then come back for free, or go on a 3 month all expense paid vacation to anywhere you want on earth, which one would you choose and why?
- What color are your eyes and do you like them? Why?
- Do you listen to music often and if so what are your favorite genres and bands?
- Do you think that everyone deserves a second chance? Why is that?
- Are you a vegetarian or do you love the taste of meat?
- Is there a special reason as to why you started blogging, if so what is it?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next year and are you currently working to achieve that?
- How tall are you?
- You are tasked with fighting a wild black bear, do you use a gun, a sword, or just your fists?
- Someone invents a dream recorder, you can use it but you have to watch your dreams with your family and closest friends, would you do it?
– SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH-
I would just like to thank Atherz again for nominating me and I hope everyone had a good time reading all this, I know it was a lot.
Till next post!