Thanks to Dominic “Aul” over at http://montairyus23.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award.!
This is what the Liebster Award is all about:
“The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
My 11 facts:
1. To start off, Halo is my favorite video game series. None have come close to beating it.
2. I extremely dislike heat and love the cold as it is easier to get warmer then it is to get colder.
3. At the time of this writing I am currently listing to the Kill la Kill soundtrack as it is currently one of the best soundtracks for any anime in my opinion..
4. I could talk for hours about the Matrix trilogy and stand firm that it is my favorite movie (series)
5. Skydiving is something that I have not done yet but want to do very much and soon hopefully.
6. Burgers are the greatest inventions in the food world that I can think of.
7. I know how to read and write in the Time Lord language Galifreyan.
8. Reading is something that I do quite frequently and I prefer sci-fi and fantasy books but I have been known to stray into others genres.
9. I am an Apple fan but am not clueless about technology, like a lot of Mac users, and have in fact built the computer that I am typing this on right now.
10. My eyes are green and I have absolutely no desire to hide that.
11. I’m usually a very cryptic and secretive person.
Aul’s questions and my answers to them listed below:
1. What book genres do you read the most?
I just realized that I answered this in my facts part, but I mostly prefer fantasy and sci-fi as my main topics, Rama for example or Pebble in the Sky but I also go for romances sometimes too. (very very rarely, and they must involve fantasy and/or sci-fi elements as well but not something like Twilight)
2. Out of any characters from fairly known books you’ve read, who do you think you resemble the most?
This is a tough one for sure. I will also take resemble to mean not just looks but also personality as well. So because of that I would have to go with Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. However my hair is blonde and my father is not a greek god. In most other aspects though I feel that he is representative of me.
3. Out of any characters from fairly known books you’ve read, who do you wish you could resemble the most?
I’m completely fine resembling Percy Jackson but if I had to choose another then I would go with Eragon from the Inheritance Cycle series. He seems like a pretty cool dude and I would really like to be able to use magic :)
4. Are you homeschooled, public schooled, or other?
I come from the land of the public school system with all its unfairness and odd assortment of people.
5. If you had to choose between being lost in a frozen tundra or a super hot desert, which would you choose?
Frozen Tundra, no contest. I would probably die quicker and in a less painful way because after a certain point I would just feel numb and that’s better than all my skin peeling off in the desert.
6. (I feel compelled to ask this :))If you had to fight a bear, what weapons would you choose: A shotgun, a spear, or a sword?
This is also going to have to be a sword because I feel I can use it better than a spear, and even though I am well versed in the use of guns I think a bullet, unless placed properly, would not kill the bear as fast as a sword.
7. Do you consider yourself “sporty”?
Hmmm, well that’s hard. I guess it depend on what you mean by sporty. I don’t do anything very often, I’m on the computer a lot and sitting down for my work but it’s not like I never go out. I mountain bike, rock climb, kayak, go river rafting, swim, hike, go camping, hang out at the beach, and other outdoorsy stuff but I don’t really compete in sports though. You’ll have to decide if I’m “sporty” or not from that information.
8. What field of science interests you the most?
Neuroscience interests me the most. I love the brain and I really want to know how it works and if it even can be understood how it works. Maybe even find out if it can be enhanced too. That would be pretty cool.
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
If you offered me good pay for being in a think tank for new ideas of some sort then I would accept it on the spot. I love to think of new ideas for products and concepts that can benefit people. Of course I can’t think of any right now to give as an example (I should really start writing them down) but I have had some good ones!
10. Why do you blog?
I blog because I like to write down my thoughts about anything. I thought that if I liked what I thought then there must be at least one other person out there who thought like I did and would enjoy reading what I write. So I blog for that one person who is entertained or I can make their day better by writing. Hopefully that has happened, hopefully it will keep happening.
11. Out of anyone you know personally, who do you look up to the most?
Okay now this is a hard one. The thing is, there are many people who I look at for guidance or as example of what I should be doing but I don’t really look up to anyone, it’s more that I look to the side because I picture myself as equal to those around me. I also try to model myself, as silly as it seems sometimes, off of characters from books or movies. Those characters are what I aim for as they are meant to be the perfect or near perfect of the idea that they represent so my reasoning is that if I can get close to that then I’ll be doing okay. I hope that answers your question enough that it is acceptable, I can try again if you want me to so let me know and I will think upon it for a longer period of time.
Here are the people I’m nominating:
Aaahhh ya, I will be finding those 11 people soon as I can :) I think that I’ll just leave this open and eventually I’ll fill in the blanks, It may take a while though.
1. In-N-Out of Five Guys, and if have never tried either of them then why not?
2. What is your opinion on fishing, and would you eat the fish or let it go?
3. What’s one thing you really want to do but have never done, and why?
4. Will you try something if the chance of failure is 50-50
5. What’s the difference between you and other people?
6. When was the last time you laughed, truly laughed, and what was it that made you laugh?
7. If happiness was a currency, how rich are you?
8. Someone invents a dream recorder, you can use it but you have to watch your dreams with your family and closest friends, would you do it?
9. You are given a choice between a vacation with $2000 month stipend for 4 months, or you get 10 minutes on the moon, what do you choose?
10. What is your preference when it comes to apples?
11. If you could only live in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be? (doesn’t have to be a place you’ve been to before)
I would like to thank Aul again for nominating me! I’ll be working finding 11 other great blogs to nominate as well! If you have been nominated, you can participate by writing a post in which you present 11 facts about yourself, answering my 11 questions, and leaving 11 questions for the 11 people you nominate. Please leave a link to your blog in the comments so that I can see your post. Thanks for reading!